Responding to COVID-19 (Updated March 17, 2020)
We are suspending all on-site Sunday Services and moving online.
You can join us at the respective service times at bit.ly/LLCZoom.
At LLC, your health and safety are important to us. As we continue to pay close attention to updates regarding COVID-19, after much prayer and discernment, the decisions made were not made due to fear, but come from a place of love, care and responsibility to our city and to our people. We want to protect both those who are healthy and those who may be vulnerable.
In light of the current situation, we will be taking the following proactive and preventative measures active immediately until the end of May to care for our community:
- Please be aware the Provincial Health Officer is advising against all non-essential travel outside of Canada, including the United States. If you do travel outside of Canada, you are asked to self-quarantine for 14 days upon your return to B.C.
- Wash hands often, practice social distancing, avoid crowds, opt for take-out at restaurants, work from home if you can.
- If you’re in need of support, we have a care program to drop off supplies to the vulnerable population in our community. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have supplies, can delivery or know someone in need.
- All Sunday schools, fellowships, church activities, meetings, outreach/missions trips and retreats/camps are suspended until further notice. Sunday Service will continue through live stream which is available at bit.ly/LLCZoom. Meetings can be carried out using online platforms (Google Hangout, Skype, etc.) Please understand that we need to work together to carry out preventative measures to ensure that our congregations are healthy.
- Hygiene Protocol:
a. Clean your hands regularly with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand wipes or hand sanitizers.
b. Cough or sneeze into your elbow sleeve or tissues, disposing of any tissues in the garbage.
c. Refrain from handshaking, hand-holding, high-fives and hugging
d. Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose and eyes.
- Offering: We encourage online giving at this time: https://lordslovechurch.com/english/giving/
Please continue to pray with us for all those who are affected, the world, frontline workers and policy makers, as well as our community here at LLC. We would love to care for you. If you have any comments, thoughts or concerns, please contact one of our pastors or deacons.
For up to date information on COVID-19, please visit https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-disease-covid-19
If you are experiencing the symptoms, please call 811 or go in and seek medical help.